Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Five New Songs



the worst guitar clip art i could find.

I've written five new songs since I finshed the last record. In case you don't know, that's a lot for me. I usually write about fifteen to twenty a year, but more spread out than this.

The new songs are:
4-Track
The Game Has Changed
Calculated Seasons
Excesses of Waste
Thinning Out the Herd

I'm pretty pleased with all of them. I feel that they're all really strong and I'm definitely moving forward with 4tracker/attacker as a jumping off point. Unlike most of those songs, I'll actually be able to play and sing ALL of these, having written them all on acoustic guitar instead of building them on tape and then writing words over them.

Come over and I'll play them for you.

3 comments:

Will S. said...

So are you going to wait another two years and put out a full blown MMDS record or could you go with a more low key solo venture?

Mason said...

Most likely what will happen is that I'll write ten more songs before August, then we'll spend a year recording them. I sort of compressed the studio time on this one and I think I'll work a little more slowly on the next one, which will give Daniel a chance to come down and work on it. Ideally, he'll have some songs to contribute as well...

Will S. said...

STR8 DÖPZ. Whatever happened to that song about the ugliest girl in the world?